Why Mold Inspection Is Critical After Water Damage

One in three homes has mold. Mold can cause respiratory problems, allergies, and worsen asthma. It can also cause more serious conditions such as skin irritation and infections. It’s important to know the symptoms of mold exposure and what to do if you suspect you have a mold problem in your home.

Water Damage Mold Inspection

If you have had water damage on your property, you may be worried about the health risks caused by the mold that grows. As a result, you may consider hiring a mold inspector to identify and assess the damage. However, it is important to note that not every inspector is trained and qualified enough to provide professional guidance for your home. If you want to ensure your safety, it is recommended that you use an experienced firm that will use specialized equipment and procedures for accurate results.

Mold is dangerous to your health, regardless of how small the colony of mold is. In order to remove the mold and eliminate the infestation, you need to hire a mold inspection service. There are several things that you should consider when hiring a mold inspection service.

The first thing that you should check is whether or not they are certified and insured. You can easily check this by asking for a copy of their license and insurance certificate with your state seal included on it. Accredited mold inspection companies will provide you with complete reports that contain photographs of the affected areas.

You may also check some reviews online about the company to make sure whether or not they have satisfied their customers. You should hire a company that has been in business for several years and has handled multiple jobs in your area. The company should also be able to explain and identify what kind of mold is growing on your property, as well as how they are going to remove it.

How Does Mold Affect Your Health?

People with certain health conditions are more sensitive to mold. Those who are suffering from lung diseases, asthma, and weakened immune system should avoid the affected area until it is properly cleaned. The symptoms of mold exposure include sneezing, nasal congestion, red eyes, and skin irritation. If you have any of these symptoms after water leaks inside your home or office, it is best to have a mold inspector come by immediately.

In some cases, black growth on damp walls or other objects may not be mold but merely mold stains from water damage.

There Are Different Types of Mold

Black Mold

Black mold is a type of mold that is very dangerous as it can cause diseases. It includes different types of growth such as Aspergillus niger, Penicillium, and Stachybotrys chartarum. Black mold growth may be found on damp walls, floors, ceilings, and other possible places. The symptoms of black mold exposure include allergies, respiratory problems, weakness, and fever.

Black Mold Symptoms

The symptoms of black mold exposure depend on the type of bacteria or toxin that has been released from the black mold growth. These toxins can cause many health problems, such as:

  • Skin irritation
  • Redness and irritation of the eyes and skin rash
  • Nausea, dizziness, and headaches. . .
  • Bloodshot or watery eyes. . .
  • Fatigue. . .
  • Chills and fever

Brown Mold

Brown mold is another type of mold that can be harmful if it grows on your property or in a room where you spend a lot of time. Brown mold is usually non-toxic but can contain growths of toxins that can affect your health if not removed. Brown mold is often found in warm and damp environments. The symptoms of brown mold exposure include fever, vomiting, nausea, dizziness, and headaches.

White Mold

White mold is the least harmful type of mold. It is usually found in bathrooms or basement areas and does pose a threat to human health. White mold is usually non-toxic and has no adverse effects on your health. White mold growth can be found in damp areas such as bathrooms or basements. White molds are usually harmless but can trigger allergic reactions in some people.

Red Mold

Red mold is usually found in basements. It can be a very dangerous type of mold that can cause severe health effects if not properly treated. Red mold is often found in damp areas and can grow on various surfaces including floor tiles, walls, furniture, and other types of objects. The symptoms of red mold exposure include chills, fever, fatigue, wheezing, and throat irritation.

If you suspect that there is a problem with your property, do not hesitate to call our certified and experienced mold inspectors right away so that they can help identify the problem and solve it quickly.