The Immediate Consequences of Fire Damage

If you have suffered fire damage in a home, business, it is imperative to act quickly. Fire damage causes the immediate spread of toxic chemicals that are harmful to humans and animals alike and can lead to serious health concerns if left untreated.

The Consequences of Fire Damage

Fire damage also leaves behind hazardous debris capable of causing structural collapse without proper cleaning and repair. These issues add up to one major responsibility. Protecting the health and safety of your family.

Our restoration experts can be on-site within 24 hours to help you clean up after a fire and prevent hazardous materials from spreading into the environment. We have the necessary equipment to quickly remove smoke, soot, water, and other fluids that may have been spilled during a fire from most types of structures. We can also secure the structure to prevent further damage.

Dealing With Insurance Agencies After Fire Damage

Many families are faced with how to handle insurance agency questions and paperwork after a fire. Assistance from a reputable restoration company is vital to preserving records and documents and ensuring you do not face any repayment issues during or after your claim.

To properly prevent further damage or losses in the event of a fire, it is important that all companies involved with your case be familiar with the American National Standard for Emergency Management (ANSEM). The NFPA recommends that restoration companies carry certifications from the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA).

Your family's health and safety are our priority here at Get The Wet Out! We offer free estimates based on the extent of fire damage in your home or business. Call us today at (904) 513-2458 for helpful information and tips on preparing a fire damage restoration plan.

Dealing With The Smell After Fire Damage

After a fire, smoke can spread throughout the air. You may notice that you have a hard time breathing and are wheezing or coughing after a fire. This is normal, but even if you don't feel like you have any negative symptoms, it is still important to deal with the smell.

As soon as the damage has been cleaned up, open windows to let fresh air in. Keep in mind that the smell can stick inside the building for a long while after a fire. Remember, odor removal is the most important step in the restoration process.

Cleaning Up Fire Damage With Chemicals

Once you have removed the smoke and soot, removing the remaining contaminants from your home is possible. We use safe chemical-based products to remove smoke and odors to help reduce any potential health risks in your home.

Cleaning Up Fire Damage With Water

Fire damage can lead to the spread of the most harmful bacteria and mold. Mold is a widespread issue after a fire, and it is tough to remove if left untreated. If cleaning up residue from smoke, make sure you use only water once the remaining soot has been removed. Hot water and strong detergents will not be effective in removing mold spores. Not only are harsh detergents ineffective, but they can cause serious damage to the home's structure if used in large amounts.